4.17.2013

escape is futile...

i've tried to stay away, but, alas it's futile.

the fabrics keep calling to me, urging me to pick them up, snip them, sew them, draw with them...

i think the dilemma was more around calling them "quilts" when i have never thought of myself as a quilter - only a "sorry excuse for a quilter" at best.

the works are, in my eyes (and by way of process) drawings.

textile drawings.

anyway, that's what i'm calling them now and i feel much better for the clarification. simple semantics i suppose, but it was driving me nutso.

today i came to the studio and completed the first since 5 march and i must say it felt really good to be back:



4.17.2013
i am karen anne
i make small textile drawings
they call and i leap


so there you have it.

: : karen anne

5 comments :

  1. Yeah!!! I've missed your textile drawings. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It just feels right...and I'm much less grumpy which is a VERY good thing!

      Delete
    2. Anything that aides in being less grumpy is always good. Or so I've found in my grumpy moments.

      Delete
  2. I've missed them too. Fabric is always calling...glad you're listening!-Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Julie, the calling was loud and incessant! I'm coming to terms with the idea of " Oh! This is what I'm supposed to do/why I'm here?" A curious feeling after 62+ years of flitting around, ya know? I've never quite gotten the hang of staying put with something...except for the people I love!

      Delete