11.16.2009

#94 A Woman of Her Word...

I am nothing if not a woman of my word, so here, dear readers, are the pictures I've promised you! Behold: a huge gold leaf frame, a refinished table, and four radiator covers built by my dear husband and finished by yours truly! (Actually, I added the slats, all fifty million of them, so I guess I could count myself in on the building, too, huh?) Dean has another cover for the upstairs bathroom in the works and my current project is painting an old youth chair to match the dining room rug - complete with colorful three dimensional birds perched on the back! My two year old grand nephew, Bennett, is coming for turkey and I'm tickled that I'll have a special chair for him to sit in - so much better than a pile of phone books! Hope to get that finished this week and will take pictures of that to share, too.


The frame we made and my first experience with gold leaf. Kinda fun once you get the hang of it. It pleases me that Nicki's painting finally has the frame it deserves! The sideboard is an antique (French, we think) from Dean's mother; a beautiful piece with incredible inlay work and ormalu. David Bower's did a wonderful job restoring it and he even found a key that worked and matched the fancy metalwork!


My first refinishing project - the dining room table - all set for Thanksgiving with the family. I love that the table easily sits twelve. I'll fill my great-grandmother's crystal bowl with green Granny Smith apples, green grapes and limes, and will use gold chargers and my black and white transferware plates. I promise I'll take more pictures on Thanksgiving to share here.


Finished radiator covers in the dining room. I topped them with beveled mirror squares to reflect the light.


Finished radiator covers in the kitchen. The radiators hiding beneath them are so ugly and it's great to have them covered after 11 years! My African violets love the eastern light; I think I'll have to buy a few more!

No comments :

Post a Comment