11.24.2009

#99 Let the Hunting and Gathering Begin!

I've been busy getting projects finished in anticipation of my family coming for Thanksgiving. This will be my 2 year-old grandnephew's first visit to our home, so I had to hurry and finish (well, almost) a special chair for him:



Our dining room rug (by designer Susan Sargent) inspired me to add the brightly colored birds. I still have to paint the leaves you see on the back - I used Photoshop to "paint" them in first to see if I liked the placement - but I don't think I'll get to that until after Thanksgiving, because I still need to polish silver, bake some pies, and generally straighten the place up a bit.

Sooooo...I'll see you here after the holiday with pictures of our table, feast, and family! We'll be celebrating with joy and gratitude - hope you will, too!

No comments :

Post a Comment