1.13.2010

#119 Can you hear me now?

Last night I was applying gold leaf to the edges of the two paintings on MDF I had painted a while ago and looked at the smaller one (a teensy 3"x5") from a new angle: upside down. It was obvious that this was the way the painting wanted to be and, further, it wanted some teensy yellow dots added because it wanted to be a painting that suggested the magic of stars falling from the heavens:



So...I experimented with placement by loading the image into Photoshop and playing around with various ideas. This is the final go and I'm happy with it.

The painting finally feels right and complete. I hadn't been satisfied with it before, but was content to just put it aside for a bit until it let me know what it needed.

A lot of my work requires good listening skills...

No comments :

Post a Comment