5.27.2014

simplifying the complicated...

my work and life of late both speak to my strong desire to simplify the complicated.

it doesn't mean that layers and nuances aren't present in my relationships or studio work, it's just that i need to be able to easily maneuver my way through them to get to the essence of whatever is going on and needs to be expressed. if i can't, i lose interest.

much can be said with a block of color that claims it's space.

or an elegant line that sings a solitary song.

or space that holds thoughts and memories.


5.26.2014 entry in my digital sketchbook


any attempt to turn the tide in a world where, all too often, forces seem intent on complicating the simple is a good thing, i think.

it's a worthy challenge and one that should, no doubt, keep me busy for a lifetime...

: : karen anne

2 comments :